Tuesday 5 December 2017

Guest Post: Cassie's Life by PK Corey #spankingromance #contemporary

Hey everyone and *Happy December* - whoop whoop!

My first blog guest this month is the fabulous PK Corey with her contemporary romance novel 'Cassie's Life' (Book Ten).

Welcome PK Corey! Tell us all about 'Cassie's Life'.

Ask Cassie about her life on the river and she’ll tell you it’s lovely and peaceful. But while Cassie loves the life she lives, peaceful is not always an accurate description. Whether she’s confronting an armed man who’s in a drunken rage, planning a friend’s wedding or dealing with a ghost in a backwoods lodge, Cassie is going to deal with it the best way she knows how. And peaceful doesn’t always work.

When a mysterious phone call comes for Cassandra Wentworth – Cassie’s past is suddenly back to haunt her in a devastating way. Tom has always said nothing from before the time they met counts, but he didn’t know about this.  Sue, Annie, Allie and Jenny are all willing to help, but will it be enough?

Uh oh, sounds foreboding...! Any chance of a sneak peek?

The next morning, however, did not start off to my liking. I was sleeping peacefully in this wonderful, warm, comfortable bed when at seven ten, seven ten in the morning, mind you when I was ripped from my sleep as Tom tore the covers from me and started in on my behind with his favorite alternate use of his slipper.

I boiled up out of the bed with a multitude of unladylike things to say. I managed to contain my language to just, “What in the Sam hills do you think you are doing?” 

Tom was grinning at me and said, “Come on darlin’ we’re burning daylight!” 

Burning daylight? Was he crazy? I was dopey, sleepy, grumpy and probably several other dwarfs so I just let him have it.

I was fussing about him waking me at the crack of dawn on our first day of vacation, stealing the covers, spanking me for no reason… I was letting him have it. I alternated shaking my finger at him and having my hands on my hips as I fussed. He was still looking at me grinning and not seeming to be listening to a thing I was saying, when he said, “Cassie, you are so beautiful.” 

I’m sure that was meant to sound romantic, but I could see in the mirror behind him and to say I was not looking my best was truly an understatement. I was quickly pulling on one of my old robes, which was probably not my prettiest when it was new. My hair was plastered to my head on one side and sticking up on the other. Now with the artistic application of make-up I can look presentable in most any setting but of course I had on no make-up and with the sun streaming in I fully looked my age. I started to snap at him for making fun of the way I looked since he had just snatched me from sleep, but as I looked at him closely I could tell the man was completely serious. What is it about love that can allow him to look at me in that state and still think I’m beautiful? His smile and his sweet talk quickly changed my mood.

“Get dressed, let’s go to breakfast,” he told me. 

I looked at my sweet man feeling a mixture of love and exasperation. Slipping my robe back off I crawled across the bed to him and began unbuttoning his shirt. “I’m not quite ready to get out of bed just yet. Why don’t you join me and we’ll get brunch later? Tom and I make a great couple, he may be the boss, but I have great powers of persuasion.
 
Ooh, I *love* wake-up spankings! (Although it doesn't sound like Cassie shares my level of enthusiasm... ;-) ). Where can we get hold of 'Cassie's Life'?


Blushing Books- https://blushingbooks.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4543

Thanks PK Corey!

***

About PK Corey

The love of writing came to me late in life and I spent time trying to fit writing into a busy schedule. Recently I retired, the kids are out and on their own and my wonderful husband encourages me to spend more time exploring the world of writing.

I always hear you should write what you want to read, so I have. I write loving domestic discipline with the stress on ‘loving’. I want a strong man who cherishes the woman he loves and is willing to go to any length to keep her safe and protected.

My Cassie’s Space series shows a mature couple who are deeply in love. Despite loving Cassie’s free spirited ways Tom is determination to keep her safe, even if it takes a trip over his knee. My new series, Cal’s Law, is about a younger couple. Though they come from very different backgrounds, love and discipline draw them together.

My blog is:

PK Corey’s Reading Room

email:

Amazon Author page:

Twitter:

Instagram:

1 comment:

PK Corey said...

Thanks so much for having me!