Saturday 20 January 2018

**Fangirling Alert** - 'Rules of the Wild' by Jaye Elise and Jack Crosby #spankingromance

I'll level with you: having read 'Under Daddy's Roof', 'Mastering His Captive' and 'Kink of the Magi', I am now such a massive fangirl of Jaye Elise that were she to release a book compiled of nothing but her shopping lists for the past 12 months, I would totally one click that bad boy.

So you can imagine my excitement then when Jaye's latest project - a collaboration with the fabulous Jack Crosby called 'Rules of the Wild' - came out. And, as always, my excitement was most definitely not misplaced. Here are all the details...




Blurb:

After her father's gambling addiction finally catches up with him and his debts put her life in danger as well, Emy Forester is forced to go into hiding in Juneau, Alaska. Planning to start a new life, she finds a job at a local pub, and it is there that she first sets eyes on Tobias Wyatt.

Tobias is unlike any man Emy has ever met. The former game warden is as rugged, harsh, and uncompromising as the Alaskan wilderness he calls home. He is the kind of man a woman obeys unless she wants to feel his belt across her bare backside. The thought of belonging to Tobias should terrify her, but instead it leaves Emy's heart racing and her panties soaked.

When Emy lets her curiosity get the better of her and flirts with Tobias one time too many, she ends up spanked until she is sobbing. Despite her blushing cheeks and sore bottom, however, his rough, dominant lovemaking proves more satisfying than she would have thought possible, and an intense, passionate romance quickly ignites between them.

Over the coming weeks, Tobias sets out to teach Emy the proper respect for the dangers of this wild, untamed land. But the men who killed her father haven't stopped looking for her. When Tobias learns that Emy has been lying to him about her identity, will it destroy the bond they've built together, or will he forgive her deception and take it upon himself to protect her?

Publisher's Note: Rules of the Wild includes spankings and sexual scenes. If such material offends you, please don't buy this book.




Excerpt:

“Anything wrong?” His voice carried a note of mild concern and within seconds he was at my side, gripping my shoulder protectively.

“No, I-I’m fine. Just haven’t played in a while,” I whispered, tilting my head in the direction of the cards. “I kinda gave it up a while ago.”

“Mhm.”

I’d just dropped a bombshell on him, something I’d never even shared with my closest friends, and all I got was a noncommittal two-syllable grunt. Nice, Tobias. Shifting in his grip, I managed to tilt my head up and look into his eyes. He was only about a head taller than me, but in the cramped quarters, his sheer mass seemed to double my own.

“Sit. Please.”

I did as ordered, sliding myself into the pleather booth on one side of the table. He mirrored me, taking up position across from me before screwing caps off both bottles. Christ, the man had massive hands. I felt my pussy throb as I recalled my recent nightly fantasies, fantasies in which those hands had featured quite prominently.

The quiet lapping sounds of the water against the hull were soothing, yet the silence between us kept me from relaxing. For once, I refused to be the one to break the deadlock. And it turned out to be the best decision I’d made in a while.

“I didn’t realize the cards would be an issue. Sorry about that.”

“S’okay,” I shrugged and gave him a grin.

“I know a gambler when I see one, Emy. And you’ve been rolling the dice with me since the day we met, haven’t you?”

For all the time I’d spent assessing his tells and sussing out his moods, it never occurred to me that he’d been doing the same to me. But before I could interject, he pushed forward.

“You and me, Emy, see…we’re at a crossroads. A stalemate. Pushing and pulling, clawing and scratching. It’s the way of the wild, and believe me, it doesn’t end well for either one of us if we keep on like this.”

I had no idea where he was going with this. I only knew that I wanted to be there with him when we arrived.

“So we need something to get us past the standoff between us,” he continued. “And that’s where these cards come in. But if one hand of poker is gonna be one hand too many, I’ll come up with another solution. If it makes you feel any better, we’re not bettin’ for money.”

“What’re the stakes then?” I blurted out, not able to help myself.

“I’m so glad you asked. One hand, winner takes all. If you win, you get to ask me any question you like and I’ll answer you honestly and completely.”

“And if you win?” I squeaked.

“Well, when I win, I’m gonna take you over my knee and give you the spanking you’ve been asking for since the day I met you. I don’t know about where you’re from or what you’re used to, but actions and words have consequences up here, and I think that’s a lesson that you need to learn. And I’m gonna be the one to teach you.”
 

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous book and I can't recommend it highly enough. I read it wrapped up in a blanket after a stressful week and it was just what I needed to transport me away for a while. If you decide to read it too, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have <3.

***


Social Media Links:


Twitter Accounts: @JayeEliseWrites and @GrimmsReapers


 

No comments: